The building only known as the New-hill haunted house among the young was a summer villa built in 1890. After the foundation of the Carmelites in Hungary the building was bought by the order and operated as a monastery.
During the II. World War the sisters were hiding hundreds of Jewish family in the building at Maglódi Street. Because of the lack of space the children who lived here, were transported to countryside.
During the soviet occupation after the war, in 1948 the religious institution was nationalized. The children were given to foster parents and the sisters were sent away. The anti-religious political leadership was expropriated the building. In 1951 the former religious building was given to the Ministry of Justice, later the LawEnforcement Central Training School was founded here, where the prison guards were trained.
In 2008 the building was fully evacuated and after a few years, the guarding was suspended too. The fully crushed building has occupied by the homeless and became the place for the young’s test of courage as a haunted house.
In April of 2015, machineries appeared in the area and began to demolish the more than one hundred years old building. We don’t know what is going to take its place, but sure: They destroyed one of the buildings with not an everyday story. The building what was the safe-house for thousands of children during the last century in Budapest…